Date: 25 January 2018
Location: Royal College of General Practitioners, 30 Euston Square, London. NW1 2FB.
Time: Registration 9.30am. Teaching session starts promptly at 10.00. Day finishes at 16.30.
This study day is aimed at all haematology trainees, specialty doctors as well as general paediatricians. It provides an exciting opportunity to build your knowledge on investigation and practical management of common childhood haematological problems through groupwork and case based discussions. Participants will be divided into 4 small groups. Each groupwork session will be 40 minutes. Lunch and coffee breaks will be provided.
Topics to be discussed
· Childhood anaemia
- Speaker: TBC
· Immune thrombocytopenia
- Speaker: Dr John Grainger, Consultant Paediatric Haematologist, Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital
· Neonatal haematology
- Speaker: Dr Neha Bhatnagar, Consultant Paediatric Haematologist, Oxford University Hospital
· Sickle cell disease
- Speakers: Dr Amrana Qureshi, Consultant Paediatric Haematologist, Oxford University Hospital and Dr Sanjay Tewari, Haematology Specialist Registrar, Great Ormond Street Hospital
· Childhood acute leukaemias
- Speakers: Dr Chris Halsey, Consultant Paediatric Haematologist, Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Glasgow and Dr Beki James, Consultant Paediatric Haematologist, Leeds Children's Hospital
· Bleeding and bruising in children
- Speaker: Dr Jayanthi Alamelu, Evelina London Children’s Hospital
· Paediatric haematology emergencies
- Speaker: Dr Clare Samuelson, Haematology Specialist Registrar, Sheffield Teaching Hospital